In this episode of the Business Beyond Borders podcast, Cynthia speaks to Stefanie Lowe, accounting outsourcing specialist, business advisor for multinationals setting up in Australia and Managing Director at Penguin Management Services.
Born in Australia with a strict Greek upbringing, Stefanie’s diverse cultural background influenced her life choices and nudged her in the direction of international business. These days Stefanie works with clients from a myriad of different countries.
Through hard work and perseverance she was able to establish a business, sell it, then start over again and build her second business clientele from the scratch. Stefanie believes that women can do anything they desire as long as they believe in what they are doing.
She has strong interest in women in business, has been involved in many projects in this space, including a trade mission to the Middle East to establish connections with businesswomen from that part of the world.
Tune in to my interview with Stefanie to find out:
- How she built a successful accounting business and sold it to one of the Big Four firms
- How she started her second business, Penguin Management with nothing and built it up to what it is today
- The role that the internet and technology played and how it has assisted her outreach to international clients
- The challenges that multinationals face when entering Australian market and how Penguin Management serves those clients
- Challenging aspects of working in the international space and what it has taught her throughout the years
- How she managed to raise family and run her business at the same time
I’ve thought back to our conversation several times since Stefanie and I spoke. What really resonated with me was her instruction to “never give up”, even when things feel impossible. I also found her book recommendations very useful… I hope you do too.
- Listen on SoundCloud
- Listen on iTunes
If you’re a female entrepreneur thinking of taking the next step and launching your business on the international stage, check out our Girls Going Global campaign. We’re awarding one lucky winner a full scholarship to the International Business Accelerator.