What is the
International Business Accelerator?
The International Business Accelerator (IBA) is an accelerator program like no other. We empower business owners and entrepreneurs to take their companies global, using:
- Expert advisors from around world, who know international markets like the back of their hand
- First class training in proven methodologies, to help you grow your business internationally
- A community of like-minded, visionary peers, with a shared goal of international success
- Partnerships with leading brands to help you turbocharge your international business
The IBA Story
The IBA is for SME leaders who to turbocharge their expansion into fast-growing international markets.
There has never been a better time for micro-to-medium sized companies to "go global", but most small businesses miss out because they lack the expertise, time and resources to make it happen.
When IBA Founder, Cynthia Dearin realised they there were almost no structured pathways that a small company could follow to go global from a standing start, she decided to create a program that would change the rules of the game, by giving small companies the skills and focus they need to succeed internationally.
What can you expect from the program?
By the end of the program, you should be:
- Ready to enter a new market
- Sure that you have chosen the right market
- Confident that your product or service will work in that market
- Prepared to meet customer expectations in the new market
- Equipped to deal with the cultural nuances of the target market
- Up-to-date on the regulatory framework of the target market
- Prepared to implement a carefully designed international strategy
How does it work?
We know that business owners don’t have a moment to spare, so we’ve built the IBA to give you maximum impact for minimum effort.
The course is delivered entirely online over 12 months, so you can literally do it from anywhere in the world. All you need is a good internet connection, a phone, tablet or laptop with a camera and an open mind.
Each month we run a workshop featuring an international expert who will take you through key areas and provide firsthand insights into what works (and what doesn’t) in an international context.
After the workshop, you’ll meet for a 1:1 session with your coach to test ideas, get feedback and work through challenges. You’ll need about two hours a week to attend training and coaching and work on your international strategy.
Apply for the program
To apply for the program, please take a moment to tell us a bit about yourself and why you'd like to expand your company internationally, and a member of our team will be in touch with you to book a Strategy Session.
The Strategy Session is our gift to you - it's free of charge and you'll come away with a clear roadmap of the next steps to take to make your international vision a reality. During the strategy session, we'll take some time to understand your business and your growth aspirations. We'll also assess whether the International Business Accelerator program is likely to be right for you.
Meet Our Participants
Listen to the story of Peter Geoghegan from Geotron - a civil engineering firm based in Sydney, Australia that landed its first international client within the first three months of participating in the International Business Accelerator.